Friday 12 January 2018

Friday's Fave Five 12/1/18




















Friday's Fave Five is hosted by Susanne.  Visit her blog here to find out more and join in.

It's a time to sit and reflect and share our blessings. This week mine are:

1.  Slowly recovering from whatever virus I've had.  I'd like to say I'm fine but I'm still coughing at times and have very little energy but I am better than I was so that's good.

2.  Nathan is also recovering after 2 nights in hospital with bronchiolitis.  He's also not fully well yet but making progress.

3.  The blogging community.  It's kept me sane this week when all I've felt like doing is being on the sofa.

4.  Books.  Another things I've done a lot of this past week is reading.  I love my library.

5.  Automated machines like the washer, dryer, dishwasher.  I've managed to keep on top of things mainly because these things are so easy to manage.

These were the main things but I'm also grateful that I decided to ring and cancel my appointment at the hairdressers today.  I was debating yesterday if I shouldn't just force myself to go but eventually decided to ring and see if I could reschedule first, only to find the appointment is for next Friday anyway.  Can you imagine how I would have felt if I had dragged myself out today for nothing? :) 

The weekend looks quiet although my son, DIL and their 2 dogs will be here so I'm looking forward to that.  The girls were supposed to be coming over too as none of them have exchanged Christmast gifts yet but with Nathan unwell they will stay at home. I'm missing him like mad but thanks to social media and the phone we're keeping in touch and I know I need to be germ free before I can visit.

Happy Weekend all! 

7 comments:

  1. Mary has had some kind of virus as well that just broke yesterday, but she was feverish and couldn't sleep. We don't think it was the flu, but it sure looked like it. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling better and I hope you're fully recovered soon. I'm glad you did find out about the appointment date before venturing out. Poor Nathan - hope he continues to improve. I'm glad, too, we have a window to the outside world via blogging, especially when we can't get out. Extra time for books and videos is the one plus of sick days. I'm so glad for our modern appliances, too - makes it easier to keep on top of thing when not feeling well, and gives us extra time for other things even when we're well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to read that you are feeling better! Great news on the hair appointment and I know you will have fun with the kids there. So glad Nathan is okay and out of the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God you are feeling better!! I went back to the classroom today after being out for 2 days with a horrible headcold that turned into sinusitis. Now that my body has had 2 days of antibiotics I'm able to breathe and the ear pain and coughing is going away but I'm still so drained! Glad you didn't bother going to that hair appt!

    Yay for modern appliances.....and books, blogging, movies and social media to fill these long winter days.

    Happy weekend!! Enjoy your son's family visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope Nathan is ok now. And I hope you get to see him and cuddle him again soon.
    Modern conveniences--we should never ever take them for granted! Clean water, too!
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am still without energy ever since I had this flu ! It takes longer then the flu itself ! Otherwise I lead the same life as you mre or less, can't go out much in this humid weather !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you and little Nathan have not been feeling well. Get well soon to both of you. Books are treasures when one is not feeling well.
    I always say God knew what he was doing when he put me in this day and age as I would never have made it in the pioneer days before the blessings of appliances. Am always grateful for those!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.