Saturday 20 January 2018

#SoCS & #Jusjojan 20/1/18

Today #jusjojan combines with #SoCS.  To find the details and other participants go here to Linda's site.
Your prompt for #JusJoJan and Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “oc.” Find a word that starts with “oc” and use it in your post. Bonus points if you start and end with your post with an “oc” word. Have fun!





Occasionally I have a half decent idea for a blog post but often I find myself resorting to regular memes for posts or just catching up on what's going on in my world.  

Now I know that the idea of a SoCS post is that planning isn't really involved but as it's jusjojan too I thought I would search for inspiration and then just write.  One of the things I occasionally blogged about was a magazine item on the BBC site.  There was a regular feature in the magazine section "10 things we didn't know last week"  some of these were quite interesting, others were just plain daft but they did give something to write about.  Unfortunately the BBC site has been undergoing quite a few changes recently and, shock, horror, there no longer seems to be a magazine page or the 10 things item.  So I'm having to waffle instead.   

I hate it when websites that you're familiar with suddenly change everything.  I'm boring like that.  I don't like surprises.  I don't like the unknown.  I'm not good on spontaneity.  Maybe that's why I occasionally opt to write a SoCS post but usually I give it a pass.

5 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. They get it in their head that the old design is no longer relevant and change them just for the sake of looking up-to-date. My least favorite changes are the bill-paying sites (banks, credit cards, stores, etc.) I go out to pay a bill and have to spent a lot of timer figuring out how to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually struggle with online banking but my hubby hates it.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, why do they have to mess with a good thing? You could start your own 10 things you didn't know last week. That sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll find inspiration somewhere :)

      Delete
  3. I am not overly fond of surprises either. I like a quiet life.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.